Dorset LNP Board
Following an open recruitment process in early 2013, the Board of the Dorset Local Nature Partnership was appointed. See below for a list of Board Members.
The role of the Dorset LNP Board is to:
- Provide strategic leadership
- Set direction for the Dorset LNP
- Link to leaders and strategic partnerships in other sectors
The Board is supported by the Dorset LNP Manager, a small administrative working group and a broad forum of partners from all sectors.
The first Board meeting took place in April 2013.
Download a copy of the Terms of Reference for Dorset Local Nature Partnership Board.
The LNP will meet on the following dates:
- 12 September 2018
- 12 December 2018
- 13 March 2019
- 13 June 2019
- June 2018 Board Meeting - to be approved in September 2018
- March 2018 Board Meeting
- December 2017 Board Meeting
- September 2017 Board Meeting
- June 2017 Board Meeting
Please email us at if you would like to see any previous minutes.
Appointed via open recruitment:
- Will Bond (farmer, owner of the Holme Estate, owner of Alaska Environmental Contracting Ltd and member of the CLA National Environment Committee)
- Paul Buckley (RSPB South West Conservation Manager)
- Dr Simon Cripps (Chair of Dorset LNP and Chief Executive of Dorset Wildlife Trust)
- Angela Cott (National Trust)
- Dr Bob Huggins MBE (Chair of the Dorset Coast Forum)
- Jenny Myers (Kingston Maurward College)
- Angela Pooley (Co-ordinator, East Dorset Friends of the Earth, Trustee of Bournemouth 2026 Trust and Chair of SUSTAIN)
- Jim White MBE (Chair of the Dorset AONB Partnership and senior ecological consultant with Footprint Ecology Ltd)
- Simon Williams MBE (planning consultant)
Local Authority appointments:
- Cllr John Rampton (Cabinet Member for Environment and Consumer Protection, Borough of Poole)
- Cllr Daryl Turner (Cabinet Member for Natural and Built Environment, Dorset County Council)
- Cllr David Smith (Cabinet Member, Bournemouth Borough Council)
Appointed on behalf of the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership:
- Alison Moore (LEP Board Member - SME Business Rep)
- Luke Rake (LEP Board Member - Kingston Maurward College)
Appointed on behalf of Dorset's Health & Wellbeing Boards
- Dr David Haines (Dorset Health and Wellbeing Board - Clinical Commissioing Group and GP)